From:
Elaine Brannen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 1996 11:21:01 -0800
Hi Spinners,
I love to space dye with kookaid.  I lay the fiber on a layer of plastic
wrap.  Then I dampen the skein or fleece, then apply concentrated solutions
of the koolaid (just pour it on, or use one of those sponges on a stick) in
patches.  Grape and black cherry are a wonderful combination.  Then I wrap
the plastic wrap around the fiber so that the patches don't touch each other
and mix ( you want some running to get the medium colors).  Pop the plastic
wrap in a bread bag and steam in your dye pot or microwave.  Great winter
project when it's too cold to dye outside.  The fruity smell goes away in
the rinse.

        Have fun,
        Elaine from Iowa