From:
William Alan Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 1996 11:39:41 -0500
>From:    Garth Williams <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: ferret ad on TV
>They showed this long, weasel-like animal crawling out a burrowed hole.  But
>here's the catch: the ferret (or whatever it was) was a light brown color
>with a white mask and belly.

Sounds like a weasel.  I believe most weasels have black tips on their tails
as well if you saw that part.  Wild animals - not suitable as pets for the
most part.

>Sex determination: how do you do it?

Look for a 'belly button'.  The males have their penis farther up the belly.
You can also look to see whether the ferret urinates from between the legs
or farther up the belly.  I can't think of anything good about what might be
like a penis in the genital area (if you mean between the rear legs).

>From:    aylasaur <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret Hates Linatone!
>The only thing we're concerned about is that while the other two LOVE
>Ferretone, Molly hates it...  should we be concerned?  [...] Wouldn't
>Linatone help pass ingested hair?  Or should we get Petromalt to feed to
>them once in a while?

Your ferret doesn't like candy.  With proper food thats all Linatone or
Ferratone is.  I've never heard that it is good for helping hairballs pass.
Wouldn't worry about it.  We have some that don't like it either.  Just
means we use a different technique for nail clipping.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets