From:
suzi lambert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 06:15:57 -0800
Hello,
I heard this from another list I belong to.  Does anyone have anymore
information?  This is pretty horrible, I don't understand how the charges
could be dismissed???

"This story came from AP today:"

"(KSDK) -- A St. Louis County judge has dismissed animal abuse charges
against a New York man in connection to an incident last February in
which the defendant was accused of killing his pet ferret after airline
officials told him he could not carry the animal on-board his flight.

Prosecutors tell NewsChannel 5 the case was dismissed due to a lack of
evidence to sustain a conviction.... "

[Moderator's note: Yes, this was mentioneded Monday a couple of days ago
on the FML.  Many people are posting articles, but I can reproduce them
here due to copyright rules, but unfortunately, you can all guess at the
content. :-(  BIG]

thank you,
suzi