From:
"S.HEWETT" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 17:54:13 +0800
Sometimes, when dealing with peoples inhumanity to ferrets year after
year, it is possible to get a little jaded even to the point of despair.
Ocasionally a little incident will remind you that there are wonderful
people out there, even non ferret owners.

I had a phone call from a family who had found a ferret and been referred
to the WA Ferret & Ferreting Society (WAFFS) by the RSPCA.  On arriving at
the address I had been given, I was greeted by Mum, Dad and the 2 kids on
the front lawn.  The oldest boy was cuddling a full male ferret; big, VERY
smelly and very tattered and footsore.  They were delighted to find that
the ferret would be housed, advertised and if the owner was not found,
adopted to a loving home of a member of the WAFFS.  It was then that they
told me that this ferret had dug into the aviary and eaten their 2 pet
quail.!!  They bore no animosity towards the ferret, realising that he was
starving and just wanted to survive.

Aren't some folk just great?

P.S.  The ferret has been named Bennet (after the street he was found in),
has blossomed and is a living doll.  He smells like nothing on earth still,
and has not been claimed.  Shortly he will be paying a visit to the vet and
will then be up for adoption ( If I can bear to part with him).

Love & Dooks
Shirley