Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 2010 18:13:35 EDT
Join us, Saturday, August. 28th at Veteran's Memorial Hall, 300 W.
Broad Street, (downtown) Columbus, Ohio!

The FERRET BUCKEYE BASH is a 3 Ring Championship, Companion Ring and
All Specialty Show, presented by HEART OF OHIO FERRET ASSOCATION and
RESCUE and sanctioned by the American Ferret Association. Again this
year, we are proud to have The FerretDepot.com as our title sponsor.

The Ferret Buckeye Bash is one of the largest ferret shows in the USA.
Many of you saw highlights of the Ferret Buckeye Bash on the PBS
special, Ferrets: The Pursuit of Excellence. This exciting PBS special
produced by Mark Lewis in 2006, first shown in 2007 and has been shown
in reruns each year on public broadcasting stations all over the US
giving all an inside perspective of the world of ferrets.

HIGHLIGHTS!
Again we have our Annual Photo Contest where the winner is featured
on the cover of our show catalog. Bring a photo of your ferret for a
chance to be the cover ferret" for 2011! Please, amateur photos only --
no professional photos please. Voting will be done at the Ferret
Buckeye Bash. Those attending the show vote for the winner buy buying
each vote for 50 cents. Proceeds will be donated to a needy shelter.
There is more information on the contest posted on our website --
www.hofarescue.org.

This year we have a couple new speakers. Nathan Vandercar will be
giving a presentation on Nutrition and Natural Feeding.. Ever wonder
how to decipher what the ingredients are and the difference is between
chicken meal and chicken by-products? What are the benefits of feeding
raw prey? Nathan can answer many of these questions. Pet People will
be there and have some of the natural foods.

In addition, RodentPro.com will again be at the show for you to pick up
some raw prey to see if your ferret(s) will eat before making that big
commitment. If you already feed raw prey, contact RodentPro.com and
make an order ahead..they pack in dry ice and you can save shipping! If
you can't deal with raw, Casey's Hidden Pantry will be there also with
a wide variety of natural freeze dried foods.

Sue Wilson-Lassanske, a ferret lover living in Australia, will give a
talk on life in "downunder" with ferrets.

There's more...We have a face painter..who is not just for kids...want
ferret paw prints that truly say, my ferret walks all over me? Sue
Pascual, an animal communicator will be at the show. Do you ever wonder
what your ferret is really thinking about? How about a signing up your
ferret for the HOFA Vanity Awards Show? Does your ferret have the
cutest eyes, nicest mask, longest tail...

Joe and Suzy Digital Photo's will be available for photos of your
ferrets with ribbons, trophies or with one of the many fun props they
have available. http://www.digitalbyjoe.us/

We have several fun events for you. Bring a costume for your ferret and
compete in the Best Dressed Ferret contest, get ready to test your
ferret's tube skills in the tube races. How fast can your ferret escape
a paper bag? Do you think you have the best kisser? How about the an
Elvis and Twiggy ferret.

Don't forget our AWESOME raffle! Remember, it's your generous donations
that make this such an awesome raffle. So, if you have something to
donate to the raffle, please contact Jackie Ferguson at
Donations are also accepted the day of the show.

VENDORS..can we say SHOPPING! We have over 30 GREAT vendors so there
will be shopping galore to do. A multitude of ferret bedding, basic
supplies, food and toys for them and t-shirts, hats, jewelry and more
for you! A full list of current vendors will be posted to the website
in the next week. [Hmmm, sounds a bit too late by then! BIG]

There will so much for you and your ferret(s) to participate in. So
come and enjoy a fun ferrety day of shopping, great raffle, exceptional
speakers, fun events and the camaraderie of your fellow ferret
fanatics! Remember, all ferrets in the show hall should have a current
distemper vaccination and MUST have a record of a current rabies (Imrab
3) vaccination along with a current (within 6 months prior to show
date) ADV negative test results from one of the labs listed in the
registration paperwork. Thisfor the safety of all and is required.

The Ferret Buckeye Bash is Heart of Ohio Ferret Association and
Rescue's primary fundraiser. It's through the support of our generous
sponsors, club members, exhibitors, vendors, speakers and attendees;
we are able to offer this wonderful fun and educational event to the
public. Thereby, enabling HOFA-Rescue to maintain our shelter and
provide necessary support and care for so many homeless ferrets in
Central Ohio. Contributing sponsors are FerretsMagazine.com, Casey's
Hidden Pantry, Gahanna Animal Hospital, Quantum Leap Ferrets and The
Hidey Hole Shelter

Doors open at 10:00am  -  Hope to see everyone there!

Scarlett
Scarlett Gray-Saling, Event Coordinator, Ferret Buckeye Bash
Suzy Mentzer-Hahn,  President
Heart of Ohio Ferret Association and Rescue
http://www.hofarescue.org/

FERRET BUCKEYE  BASH
Championship and All Specialty Ferret Show
Vendors, Speakers, Raffle & Much More
Saturday, Aug. 28, 2010
Veteran's Memorial Hall (show hall)
300 W. Broad St.
Columbus, Ohio  43215
Ferrets, Ferret People and the Ferret Buckeye Bash!
Watch for reruns of: FERRETS: The Pursuit of Excellence on your local
PBS Station