From:
FerretMom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 10:47:59 -0800
>I wouldn't count on the Macintosh being totally ferret proof.  Our ferrets
>got to my Mac one day and managed to change the language and alphabet to
>Arabic.  I couldn't even read the Help files to learn how to switch it back
>to English so I had to go in and rename every file one at a time.  Dick B.

While visiting my vet in 1998, Dancing Bear wanted to visit with one of the
techs behind the checkout desk.  She put him on the desk.  First he walked
on the keypad for credit card transactions and advanced it, popping out
blank transactions.  Then he proceeded to walk over the keyboard attached
to their computer system.  He called up a new screen called "Front Desk
Functions" and typed "8/56".  And then he pressed "enter"!  The tech and
I just laughed but about 20 seconds later, out pops 5 copies of a page on
the printer!  Boy were we surprised and amazed by his computer literacy.

However, just a few minutes later (after I returned to my seat), I heard
a different technician mention that alarms were going off in 5 different
areas in the back part of the building and the computer system had crashed.
humm.  I wonder if there was any connection?

    -Carla