From:
"Ferret Aid Society..." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 18:57:32 -0400
Harley had his 1st trip to the University of Guelph Small Animal Clinic
today.  We were there to see if some "guru" vet could cure his Actinomyces
and clear up his good eye.  Thank you to all of you who have sent well
wishes.  For those of you who don't remember Harley, have a look at what
some human did to him.  http://home.echo-on.net/~magick/EYE.JPG

For those of you who do remember him,yes, we spoke about the Baytril.
He(the vet) wants Harls off the antibiotics for about a week to give him a
break.  In the meantime, he has done a culture & sensitivity test (again) to
see if we can figure out what kind of therapy he should be on.

He wants to wait and see.  Harley's sinuses are awful.  They are draining
through his good eye and when they sedated him, they pushed on his eye, and
a whole bunch of pus squirted out.  At home, I'll continue to put Silver in
his eye and see if that helps.  The DR. was confident, but still not saying
we'd cure him, only that he'll try.  I hope so.

Love, Randy

The Ferret Aid Society
http://home.echo-on.net/~magick