Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 14:32:37 +0000
Hello!

With all the recent discussions of ferrets still needing Santa's on the
giving tree's..I thought we would share what our club does each year to
benefit shelter kids in need.

At our November meeting we gather gifts (food, toys, blankets, bedding,
q- tips, etc.) and have a blast wrapping and decorating the gifts.  We
usually pack up anywhere from 5 - 8 boxes, weighing anywhere from 15-20
pounds EACH!  This year we received enough goodies to fill 5 large boxes.

We made a list of each shelter represented on the giving tree (as it
stood in Nov.) and put each shelter into a hat.  Club members drew
names randomly to select the receipients of the gift boxes.

Three boxes have been shipped out so far to:

#1 - Emmett Ferret Shelter, ID
#2 - Dook-n-Dance Ferret Shelter, NC
#3 - Ferret Corner Shelter, AZ
#4 - ? departing soon!
#5 - ? departing soon!

This was our third year collecting & sharing the gifts with needy
shelters and it has become a favorite annual event for lots of members.
This year, per Bob C.'s enrichment discussions, we added fun scents to
various toys & bedding that were packed (including a pet hamster..what
fun!).

We hope all the shelter kids (& moms..there is a small gift for them too)
enjoy and we'd like to thank those volunteers who post the annual shelter
giving trees, for without them we would not have such a great list to
choose from.

Happy Holidays!

Chris Sayne
Corporate Secretary