From:
Chris and Tara Palaski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 14:31:51 -0400
Hi

I need your help.  I have been contacted about 7 ferrets who have
recently lost their home and desperately need a new one.  All seven also
happen to be adrenal :*(  These 7 have no where to go.  As much as I hate
splitting up families the only way I can see them getting homes is to
separate them.  Although any one who could take a pair or trio I would
be so greatful!  The ages and descriptions are below.  The individual
who is housing them at this time can not afford to keep them or get their
medical care, I am unable to foot the bill for 7 adrenal surgeries, the 2
other area ferret shelters are full and struggling with their own bills,
etc so....here is what I can do... The person housing them is getting
them ADV tested.

Whoever is willing to take any of these needy ferrets in I can offer you
that I will get them vaccinated and their surgery done with one of the
vets who works with the shelter.  You as the adoptor will need to pay for
these services but they will be at our shelter discount rate and will
hopefully be able to releive some of the financial burden.  I wish the
shelter could pay for all this but the medical bills for the eldery
residents guys here are substancial, the shelter is in the red, and we
have a very large balance on the shelter account at our Shelter Vet so it
just isn't possible as Chris and I are covering all the shelter bills at
the moment.  Anyone willing to take one or more of these ferrets please
contact me asap.  I will go over the esitmated surgery/vaccination costs.
These ferrets need our help.  If you have the room in your heart and home
please seriously consider helping.  If you can't take in anoter ferret at
the moment but really want to help donations will be greatfully accepted
to offset the costs of ADV testing, surgery, meds, and vaccinations.
*Note* These ferrets will be adopted out to ADV neg homes.

Description are below.  Please contact me for more info on an individual
ferret or for medical info.

In the last seven years I have not had to put a plea out to the FML but I
desperately need your help now.  Our current residents are eldery, have
ongoing medical issues, and are not good adoption canidates.  That puts
us in a very tough situation with these 7 ferrets needing our help.  If
you can help out financially or by providing a hoem please let me know
asap.  Two of these ferrets are in desperate need of surgery and will be
sceduled asap.  Descriptions are below

Thanks

~Tara Palaski
PFRA

Sable male Approximately 4to 4 1/2 years old
Adrenal...most fur missing , very laid back, due to illness doesn't seem
to stay out to play long.  gets along with other ferrets.  unknown about
shots.  loves ferretone and ferrevite.

Brown Sable male Approximately 4 1/2 years old
Adrenal, looks to have a tumor in his ear ,tail is the only place that
fur is missing.  gets along with others.  seems very lovable, laid back,
likes to be held.  loves N-Bones Chix treats and ferretone.

Brown Sable male Approximately 3 1/2 years old
Adrenal mainly tail is missing fur but it's starting to lose some on
his back.  Gets along with other ferrets.  can be hyper at times, love
to play with jingle balls and squeaky toys.  likes Chix treats,N-Bones,
and ferretone.

Sable male Approximately 4 1/2 to 5 years old
Adrenal,mainly tail.  gets along with others.  very lovable enjoys
cuddling in your arms.  loves almost any treat

Sable Mitt Female Approximately 2 1/2 to 3 years old
Adrenal most fur is missing.loves to climb.  gets along with others not
aggressive.  likes N-Bones and ferretone

Brown Sable Female Approximately 3 1/2 to 4 years old
Adrenal .most fur missing .  gets along with others .  if scared will nip
it seems she doesn't like to be dangled enjoys to be cuddled .  likes
ferretone,chix treats.