From:
Marc Genois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 1995 12:56:18 EST
Hi,
Since i'm new to the list, the first thing I want to do, is to say hello to
everyone!

I had a female ferrets for 3 years. We use to go often outside (in the park)
with her, and the harnest didnt seems to annoy het.

But once, while were not paying attention to her, she escaped from
the harnest and we didnt see her again. I know I should always keep an eye on
her, but after 3 years she never tried to escape the harnest, so I had more
confidence in her.

But, now I'm ready to have another one. And I would like to have any advice
on where I should buy it ? From a breeder, a farm or the pet store ?

First of all, I dont like pet store. I always have the feeling that they are
ready to sell you anything to make a bucks with you! Even more, on my last visit
I asked them from which farm/breeder they buy their ferrets and they was not
able to give me an answer!

Another concern I have, is what is the best age to buy them, in a training
point of view ?

I bought the previous one from a pet store at the age of 4 1/2 months, and
I always had problem to train her for the litter.

One last question, does anyone knows good farms/breeder in (or close) to
the province of Quebec?

Thanks!