From:
Date:
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 08:14:14 -0800
>From:    [log in to unmask]
>Subject: No Upstate Medical Center at Syracuse?
>According to Zen, there is no Upstate Medical Center at Syracuse.

I was and am correct.  But please read more carefully what I really said.

There is an Upstate Medical Center at Syracuse BUT its part of SUNY.  You
were citing and still confusing the two distinct institutions of Syracuse
University and the State University of New York that both have campuses in
the city of Syracuse.  Your cited page *this* time doesn't affliate *this*
doctor with Syracuse University.  Just the center (part of SUNY though not
explicitly stated) that is in Syracuse the city.  Please actually follow
the links I have provided you and perhaps you can straighten this out in
your own mind and distinguish between the institutions.  SUNY seems to
have exactly two medical centers.  Upstate is in Syracuse and Downstate is
in Brooklyn.  These are also called Health Science Centers.

http://www.syracuse.edu/

http://www.suny.edu/       http://www.suny.edu/campuses/hscenters.cfm
http://www.hscbklyn.edu/   http://www.hscsyr.edu/

If your are examining a document that places a doctor at the Upstate
Medical Center as part of Syracuse University instead of SUNY then note
that as one mistake that shows a possible lack of thoroughness.  It might
be a simple mistake.  It might be an intentional distortion to make
verification more difficult because they are trying to be loose with other
facts.  In either case it puts at least some doubt on the other facts in
such a document.

-bill

--
bill and diane killian