From:
Paige Townsend <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 1996 20:48:50 -0500
So.....the other day I was reading some notes in my Living Room, when I
started to get the feeling something was wrong.  You know the instinct all
ferret owners have when the children are up to no good.  The first thing I
did was the ferret scan....all critters accounted for and within eye sight.
Then I caught myself staring at Lightning eating.  After a minute my brain
clicked in as to what was different.....usually Lightning eats directly out
of the food dish, or she grabs a mouthful of food and runs to a hidey hole.
This time she was taking a couple of bites from the food dish, then dropping
a mouthful of food on the ground beside her.  At this stage I slowly got out
of the couch and started to circle around the room.  First thing I noticed
was Lightning had a large brown lump on her side.  However when I got a bit
closer, reality hit, the lump was actually a mouse that had wandered into my
apartment and Lightning WAS FEEDING IT.

This can not be normal!  (Sorry, the camera was not loaded I would have
killed to get a picture of it)

Paige
        Lightning (hey mom, it followed me home can I keep it?)
        Thunder & Hershey (don t look at us.....this time we are innocent)
PS.  Can anyone suggest a humane way to get rid of this mouse, without
risking injury to my ferrets which are free roaming (I have seen some live
traps that ferrets can get there feet or tails stuck in)