From:
Margaret Zick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Oct 1996 16:42:45 -0400
Well folks, I am still in Houston.  The mortgage company seems to need just
one more piece of paper.  Hmph.  Hopefully by Wednesday I will be on the
road to Columbia.

The ferrets are just plain mad.  They have been up in their room, yes room,
for a week now because everything I own is in a box.  And boy are they good
at opening boxes!  But, you know how it is, they can't run in the house so
they give me these "But Mom, how can you abuse us like this?" looks.

White Fang had the run of the house until last night.  Seems she was a
mountain climber in a past life and thinks all the boxes are mountains.  I
woke up to crashed coming from the kitchen.  She had climbed mountains to
the cabinet tops and was calmly pushing off coffee mugs!  Well, my
collection was getting a little large anyway.

Back to the bedroom she went.  Then, even later, she decided she wanted to
sleep on my pillow, right were poor little Nicky was sleeping.  I awoke to
ferret screams as Nicky ran in retreat and watched WF curl up just as
contented at pie next to me.  Poor Nicky, he realizes his hind end just
doesn't work right and is scared to death of other ferrets.  He keeps trying
to make friends with her, but she is boss and lets him know it.

All the other guys are putting on extra hair and weight for the winters up
north. We hardly get freezes here and I haven't had any of them get as hairy
as they are now. Must have been the smell I brought home or something. They
have visions of running in snow.

And Conan the Toebiter is now my biggest ferret, weighing in at 3.5 pounds
and still growing.  He is only about 5 months old so I hope he stops soon!
Maybe he is one of those heifferrets?

Keep the White Fang names coming in.  If nothing else, I get a good laugh
everyday from all the creativity you guys have!!

Eventually Mo' Maggie