From:
Brad Laraway <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 1994 15:45:58 -0500
> Issue number: 726          Date:      Feb 12 1994

> Well, last night I made another attempt to play my guitar with pretty much
> the same results. Farrah was in another room up to her usual antics so I
> thought this would be a good time to pick up the 6-string and doodle (again,
> not plugged into the amp) when lo and behold, Farrah entered the room,

        This is just my theory on why ferrets go hyper when hearing high
pitched noises.  Most small animals, rabbits, rats, mice ect... make
high pitched noises when they are dieing or badly hert.  I think it's
just an instinctive response to these noises.  Free or at least easy meal
many, many, many, moons ago.

        Years ago when I did alot of hunting I had a dieing rabbit
call.  I once played a tape of this on my sterio at very high volume.  No
I didn't play it backwards. :)  You would not believe the sight.  Hundreds
of black birds and crows going crazy in the woods behind my house.

        On a brighter note, I tossed Mako down my shirt and headed to the
bank on saturday.  I couldn't belive the response I got.  It was like every
one and their mother wanted to hold or pet him.  Mako wouldn't bite even
if you were stepping on his tail so I feel safe letting people hold and
pet him.  I just wish I could say that about Sebastian.  Next off to the
post office.  By this time it was getting pretty warm out.  Mid 80's for
all you snow birds.  I didn't want to leave him in the car so back into
the shirt he goes.  Well the post office doesn't seem to like idea very
much, so I was asked to leave.  If Mako didn't stick his head out, I may
have been able pass him off a very active digestive track. :) :-0

        Hope you all had a good weekend.

        Brad, Sebastain, and Mako.

        P.S.  As for the ferret that doesn't want to eat after his
surgery.  Keep hand feeding him, he should come around soon.  Do you
have the reciepie(sp) for Duck Soup?  You should give it a try. Good Luck.