From:
Mystical <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 12:29:59 -0400
Hi, I was advised to have this message posted here.  I was suppose to
adopt a 6 month old Albino baby from Ferret Guardian Rescue Haven in NC.
Their website is http://www.ferretguardian.org/ .  I have been trying to
work something out with the lady that runs it for me to pick him up this
weekend for the past 3 weeks, but she would never call me to let me know
anything.  I finally got in touch with her on Friday only to find out that
she could not let me pick him up then because she was too busy.  She said
that she would try to work something out for Saturday but still didn't
contact me back.  She never did call me to let me know if I could pick
him up.  I had to call her AGAIN at 8:00 Saturday morning only to find
out that I couldn't pick him up that day.  She actually had the nerve to
get rude with me after I offered to drive the entire way to the rescue
facility to get him.  I was just telling her how long it would take me
to get there when she asked me,"Did you not hear a word I just said???
I said no one would be here today."  She was really hateful about it.

Honestly, I don't think this woman cares if her ferrets get placed or
not.  I have never ran into anyone in rescue that has been so unorganized
and unfriendly.  The more I think about it, the more irritated I get.
Grrrrrrrrrr!!  I currently work with a ferret rescue and none of this sits
right with me.  Right now I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place as
such.  I don't want to support her by adopting this little boy, but on the
other hand I don't want to leave him in what sounds like a bad situation.
How is she giving the love and attention needed to 69 ferrets when she
can't even arrange to meet me there????  I'm so ill right now at her.
It's people like her that give rescues a bad name.  Maybe she's a great
person, but everyone that is owned by ferrets knows that ferrets are not
animals to be stuck in a cage or left unhandled.  They thrive on their out
time and our attention.

Am I just being overly upset about this?  What do you all think and how
would you all handle it?  Also, does anyone know anything about this
rescue.  I've had several people to say that she may be a collector and
not really a rescue.  Thanks and sorry it's so long.