From:
John Madigan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 07:47:46 -0400
Hi everyone
I was at the vets the other day.  You might remember me posting earlier
this week about stepping on my little Daisy.(she's doing great)  Anyways, a
person brought in a kitten that they used an off the shelf flea med on.  I
think it was Hartz Mountain,but they weren't sure.  One hour later, the
kitten was DEAD.She was poisoned by the flea treatment.  Please people, if
you want to get rid of fleas on your babies,only use Advantage or
Frontline.  I don't understand trying to save a few pennies,when it comes
to the health of our babies.I use Advantage(orange) for kittens,and split
one tube between two ferrets.That costs me about $10 dollars per month.Do
you know what money and grief,a poisoning would cost you?

One last thing,and I promise,no more soap box.  When you take your critter
in for any shot.Distemper or rabies.  Please,always wait at least a 1/2 an
hour before you leave the office.You never know when shock can hit.When
they go into shock,you can lose them, very quickly.  Make the time for your
loved ones.

Thanks
John