From:
Amy Seyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jan 1995 16:10:40 -0500
Hi FMLers.

I just had to perform one of the hardest acts of my life yesterday --
Dave and I decided to put Ian to sleep. He's been battling insulinoma for
2 1/2 years, and after he had seizures on Monday night, he's not been the
same.

Ian was a shelter ferret, from the Ferrets of Pet Pals run by Pam and
John Grant. He'd been discovered at a gas station almost five years ago,
half-starved and abandoned. He was pretty wild at first, but he's
mellowed out the last couple of years, to the point where Dave and I
called him our "gentleman ferret."

He fought a good, hard battle. He was a brave little boy. We miss him so
much already, and so do the other four ferrets. Our deepest thanks to Dr.
Tom Kawasaki, who sedated him and let us hold him as he went to sleep. He
didn't have any idea what was coming; he just knew Mommy & Daddy were
with him, and he was feeling very sleepy.

It was over just like that. What I'd really like is if someone could send
me a copy of "The Rainbow Bridge" that was originally in Dear Abby/Ann
Landers. I'd like to think of my Ian-bean being there right now.

Thanks for all your support and advice,

Amy & Dave (and their gaggle of giggling ferrets -- minus one)

Ian Seyler
April 17, 1989 - January 22, 1995

We love you, Beany-boy.