Date:
Fri, 07 Oct 94 23:55:18 EDT
To Andrea - you asked about vets in Virginia.  I found out about Dr. Kawasaki
through the internet and had my little one there after my regular vet seems
to have missed a congestive heart failure diagnosis.  She has now been
echocardiagramed and is on heart medication twice a day and has gotten her
appetite back and plays.  Dr. Kawasaki is in Woodbridge, VA.  About 4 1/2
hours from Duke, if that's where you are.  It's the Old Bridge Vet Clinic.
 He certainly knows ferrets and seems to be knows all over the country.
 Also, Dr. Jean Wardell in Annandale knows ferret hearts very well.

Dr. Williams:  I wrote you before about the overdose of Vit. A.  Now I'm not
sure if her liver enzymes were off because of the heart condition.  She's on
Enalapril 2X per day and Lasix every other day.  She still gets weak in the
hind quarters occasionally, but overall is very much improved.  Just going
day by day and holding my breath.  I can't believe there's so much ferret
love out there :)