From:
Camilla Englund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 02:40:17 PST
Kat L. wrote:
>I was wondering if anyone had taken the time and effort and compiled a
>comparison of the manufactored ferrets diets, ie % protein, % fat, %
>Fiber,how preserved, first three ingrediants, protein source and such?

From different food charts I've found on the 'net, homepages of some
manufacturers, and the ingredient list of the different brands I have
bought, I have compiled a personal food chart.  I have some 30 different
food with an almost complete listing of Protein, Fat, Fiber, Moisture, Ash
(in some cases also Mg and Taurine) and the ten first ingredients.  Is this
what you had in mind?  (Nothing on how they are preserved or any other
things, sorry.)

Now, of those 30 foods, only a third or so are specified Ferret food,
others are Cat food (one dog food).  And some are the same brand, but
different "types" (for example Eukanuba Chicken & Rice AND Eukanuba Lamb &
Rice, Iams kitten AND Iams Cat...) and some are brands you've probably
never heard of (I live in Sweden)...

I have made the chart in Microsoft Word, and it would probably be too big
to try and copy and send to the FML.  Nope, don't have a homepage (yet)
to put it on.  Either e-mail me if you want the document sent to you or
specify if there are any particular brands you're wondering about.  :)

Millan