Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 19:13:41 -0500
Um, ok.  Now I'm really confused.  The vet said Pepto, the shelter guys
said Pepto, but just for a short time.  Two other people told me Pepto
was terrible for fuzzies because it contains something similar to asprin
and actually promotes bleeding.  Now some one else says that Pepto is
ok, and she uses it all the time.  LOL So I don't have any idea if it's
ok or not.  I guess I'm going with what the vet said, but with a lower
dose, for 2-3 days.  In the mean time I will try to find solid facts
either for or against the nasty pink stuff. :-)

Also, he is having watery red blood in his stools.  It looks like yucky
old bird seed mixed with red kool-aid.  I guess I'll have to call the vet
back again and see what he has to say.  He told me on Wednesday that if
Kiki was still having problems on Friday to bring him in.  Well, I goofed
and thought that Kiki was all better when I separated him Thursday night
and he had no bloody poops.  Turns out I was treating the wrong ferret!
(duh).  So we finally figured out who was the sicky and are currently
treating him with the Pepto.  I'm giving 1/4 Tsp twice a day.  He's had
two doses so far and I'll give him a third dose before bed tonight and
then put him back into solitary and see how things look in the morning.

Thanks for all your help.  IF I can find anything solid on the Pepto I'll
let everyone know.  Oh, I plan to try to get some of the carafate too, if
the vet will give it to me.  Also, we noticed last night that Achilles
(the guilty pooper) has a cavity in his front tooth.  Could this be
causing his problems?  He has plenty of energy and eats like it's his
last meal.  I'm not sure what "tooth grinding" looks or sounds like,
but I've never noticed anything unusual.

Shelley