From:
"Aileen N." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2001 06:37:40 -0700
I was sooooo proud of the Herd for their excellent behavior yesterday.  My
fiance's dad and stepmom and the stepmom's 5 year old grandaughter (Micah)
came down from PA to visit us yesterday.  Micah ran around the house,
playing with the dogs, until she wandered into the ferret room.  She came
running down the stairs "There's things in a cage in that room!" So I
explained what they were and took her back upstairs.

Everyone was plastered against the front of the cage "Ooooh, what's that
tasty-looking little human?" Micah wasn't afraid at all and asked to hold
them.  So I told her that they wouldn't bite, but she had to watch the
claws 'cause I haven't trimmed them in a while.  So I got out Toby and put
him in her arms.  Toby turned his head toward her face (at which point I
got kinda nervous) and he licked her cheek!  Micah started squealing with
delight "He's kissing me!  He's kissing me!"

Then she wanted to hold "the white one."  So I pulled Kyle out, and he
kissed her too!  My goodness, I thought, did someone put FerretVite on her
face or something?  So of course, Noel and then Slinky had to come out and
get held.  Noel gave kisses, but Slinky wouldn't.  Hehehe.

I explained to Micah how Slinky was sick and that he had to get medicine
to make his tummy feel better (I didn't bother trying to explain Kyle's
insulimona :-) ).  She thought that was neat, and she kissed the top of
his head "to make him feel better."

I was so proud of the Herd for being so good.  Of course, for about 10
minutes, Micah "want one of these." Luckily she lost interest as soon as
we left the room.

=====
Aileen & the Herd
The Ferrets: Slinky, Kyle, Noel, & Toby
The Dogs: Rootie the beagle & Tank the GSD/basset
Still missing Sandy & Gizmo. We love you.

Check out the Herd's website at: http://www.geocities.com/anippy