From:
Denise McWilliams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 08:09:07 -0500
My family just bought its first ferret (a great 2 yr old female) for our 12
yo son.  I have 2 Jack Russell Terriers, the mother is 10 years old and the
son is 9.  They're great dogs and pretty responsive, but they're Jacks.
I'm introducing them to Cindy (the ferret) by putting them on downs while
she explores the room.  They're intensely curious and so far anyhow have
not snapped or displayed any aggression-my anxiety is not assuaged.  I'm
trying to figure out what's a realistic goal.  We'ld like to maximize
everyone's time together and would like to know if its feasible to have all
of us in the same room together, with the dogs not on a down-1/2 hour seems
to be their maximum.  I'm not foolish enough to consider ever leaving the
animals without adult supervision.  Does anyone have any suggestions about
how to go from my present position-Jacks and Cindy together only with Jacks
on a down-to a looser setting.

Thanks

Denise McWilliams
Attorney @ Law