From:
MRS TRACY E BUSSEY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 May 1995 16:46:14 EDT
x Thanks to everyone who responded about baby's hicuping and put my mind
at ease.  We really have a great bunch of people on the FML.  Baby, now
named Meja, is growing like a weed and now has her own rubber "hedgie".
She has been introduced to the rest of the clan and after a little abuse
has been accepted by Max and Marnie.  Madie, on the other hand, is a
different story.
  Madie is my silver mitt and is perhaps the strangest ferret I have ever
met.  She is mute for one, I have never heard her hiss or chuckle.  She
will eat nothing except her Iams catfood.  She even refuses treats such
as peanut butter, raisins, and Ferretone.She is affectionate on her own
terms where as my other three love to snuggle and kiss.  If I take them
outside, the other three will play and explore, while Madie will beg to
be picked up and will spend the entire excursion hiding in my hair.  And
last but least, she now has this scary obsession with the baby.  She will
do anything to get to the baby and when she gets close, she'll lunge for
the babies throat.  I have been locking her in the bathroom when baby is
out.  Once Madie has run of the house again, she spends a good half an
hour looking for that baby.  I tried putting Meja's cage on the floor so
they could get aquainted, but Madie bites and scratches Meja through the
wire.  Madie has run of the house and Meja is in her cage in our bedroom.
The door is shut to keep Madie from terrorizing her.  Madie now spends
most of her day scratching at the door to get in with the baby.  Does
anyone have any experience with this?  I'm really scared Madie has it in
for Meja.
   Tracy Bussey
     Max (Meja's new hedgie is mine!  Mine!  MINE!!!)
     Meja (Mom!!  Max took my hedgie!!)
     Marnie (Can't you two keep it down! I'm tying to SLEEP!)
     Madie (I'll show that baby a thing or two!!!)