From:
Shelley Straight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 1997 13:09:06 -0500
BIG, this isn't a flame or even part of the debate, I have some questions
about ferret shows for those of you who normally go to them.

I wanted to enter my beautiful boy, Bentley in the AFA show in December. I
am wondering soem things though:

1) What are they actually judged on?

2) Are there any special "Handling" procedure I need to be aware of?

More applicable to my specific situation......

1) I wanted to get my male Bentley neutered before I returned hoem for
inter break. That means in the beginning of December. If he is neutered
12/4 will he be able to be shown on 12/13. This is one of the few shows
that I can actually make. I thought it would be fun. But I am not sure he
will be healed or if his lack of hair in that area would be a problem.

2) My female SAdie has teeth staining, I assume that would automatically
put her at a disadvantage at a show. Right or wrong?

3) I have my last final 12/12 in the afternoon. Am I dreaming on making it
from Blacksburg to the show in time to register on the 13th. Is this just
way too hectic.

Shelley Straight
Va-Md Regional College
Of Veterinary Medicine