From:
"- c a r o l i n e - =^..^=" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Mar 2003 10:40:32 -0600
Dear Ashely,
Losing a fuzz is one of the hardest things in the world.  I have come
to the conclusion (and this is only my opinion that I'm sharing) that
"getting my ferrets ashes back" is the best way for me to go.

What I do with the ashes afterwards is plant a rosebush and fertilize
the soil with their ashes OR keep their ashes in beautiful separate
containers in a specially made urn.

I am not a religious person but the saying "Ashes to ashes, Dust to dust"
holds a great meaning for me.  This way I am taking care of their little
fuzzy body (it won't go to a dump, it won't be rotting somewhere, and
lastly it's still with me... I have something that I can still cling to
and share tears with or smile and talk to.) Next to their special urn are
all their favorite toys and pictures, like a memorial garden.  Or if I've
planted a rose bush, it turns out to be a VERY SPECIAL NEW life on this
earth, given life from my fuzz.

Most vets offer "Pet Cremation" services.  Inquire or check the phone
book.  It's not expensive and I BELIEVE you're satiating everyone's
needs: Yours and Your Fuzzs.

As for a introducing a new shelter ferret... I work at a Ferret Exclusive
shelter so my views may be skewed.... Do what feels right in your heart
in both instances.

Very Sincerely,
-caroline.
  = .. =
 f e r r e t

Join the Frolicing Fun at the Ferret Farm!
Fun Free Downloads. Forums & Message Boards. Gifts.
Web http://www.theferretfarm.com
Email [log in to unmask]