From:
Gail O'Donnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 May 1998 10:54:01 -0400
Hi friends,

My 10 yr. old son Greg is training our fuzzies to cuddle.  He has just
started taking the 8 wk old female, Pearl, out of her cage when she is
settling down to sleep after a couple of hours of wild play.  She is
exhausted, and settles down in his lap.  He strokes her gently and cuddles
her, then wraps her in his old baby blanket, stroking her as she drifts in
and out of sleep.  He sits like this for an hour or so, watching tv.  We've
tried this with the male, Rascal, but he is too thrilled to be upstairs in
the tv room no matter how tired he is, and wiggles to get loose to explore
the Forbidden Zone.  We'll try again with him when he is more tired.  Since
Greg has started doing this, he is much more confident with both the
fuzzies - he is bonding to them too.  I wish I could cuddle too, but have a
cold.  Drat!  I don't want the fuzzies to catch it, and I've heard they can
catch a cold from us hoomans.  So, I have to stay away for a couple more
days.  I love to see the fuzzies cuddle with Greg though, and can't wait
for my turn!

-wishing you all fuzzy fun and love,

Gail