From:
Modern Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 15:37:59 -0400
We just reviewed in issue #30 (Koosh and the Gang review on page 55) a
brilliant cage design from Martin's Cages.  His selection of cages may be
so overwhelming that you may miss the usefulness of this one.  It is called
a Collapsible Carrier.

The base is made of an approx 30" by 18" sturdy plastic piece with sides a
few inches high.  The sides and top are coated wire sections that quickly
and easily turn it into a roomy cage - and just as easily can be folded
onto each other to fit into the plastic base for storage.

Thus you can store this cage easily under the typical bed, and yet set it
up in a minute if you suddenly need an isolation cage for an ill ferret or
for helping to litter box train a kit.  The plastic floor is very easy to
clean and will not catch on new stitches after surgery, etc.

This cage is also easy to bring with you in the car if you are visiting
someone and bringing fuzzies.  This way your ferrets can travel in the car
in a small carrier, but get a roomy enough cage with plenty of space for a
litter box, hammock, etc.  when you get to your destination.

We keep ours in our photo studio room so ferrets waiting to have their
picture taken can have full access to any "facilities" they might need.
We've also used it to transport ferrets to the vet.

In the magazine we show Koosh (our angora) sitting on the cage when
flattened and also standing up inside the cage when assembled.  Nowhere
near as large as their setup at home, but certainly like a portable ferret
"hotel room."

This cage definitely has a lot of uses, and is very reasonably priced.  It
should also ship for a reasonable price since it can be flattened.  I would
highly recommend it -- even if just to keep around in case of emergencies,
etc.

see
http://www.martinscages.com/travel.htm
all the way at the bottom of the page

- Eric
Modern Ferret Magazine - For ferret owners. By ferret owners.
Mary & Eric Shefferman & the Fuzzies:
Trixie, Balthazar, Cauliflower, Koosh, and Gabrielle
http://www.modernferret.com  -  http://www.modernferretstore.com