From:
valerie wahoski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 22:14:35 -0700
Sorry for the wierd question, but i have a 9 month old male, and his urine
is surprisingly STRONG.  My other two female ferrets have never had urine
that smelled this strong.  is this normal in males?  all three of them are
basically on the same diet, except Mojo..she is on a senior diet.  I am
feeding them Kaytee exact rainbow diet for ferrets.....Here are some of
the first ingredients... Poultry by-product meal, poultry meal, ground
corn, brewers rice, poultry fat, egg product, soy oil, beet pulp, dehulled
soybean meal, corn gluten meal, ground wheat, fish meal, brewers dried
yeast...etc etc etc....Im sure this food is healthy enough for them (i
heard fish was bad????).....here are the proteins:

crude protein....35%(min.)
Crude Fat......20%(min.)
Crude fiber.....3.%(max)
Moisture....12%(max)

would the food be causing the strong urine smell?  or is this typical in
males?  I've mostly had female ferrets in the past 7 years, but i had 3
males before him and i didnt notice any strange smell with them......if
any of you have mice...it smells like mouse urine if you know what that
smells like....very strong...thanks for any info..should i just use
bi-odor?

-valerie

p.s. Noodles is having her adrenal panel done today...wish us luck!

~*~*~ VALERIE ~*~*~
       (  / \" /
        \(_  \(_
~*`~*`FERRETS RULE~`*~`*