From:
"Caitlyn M. Martin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 23:37:36 +0000
Hi, everyone,

While I am sorry to hear that there may be rancid batches of TF out and
about again, we haven't run into them here.  The current bag (15 lbs. from
Discount Pet) and the previous bag (30 lbs. from The Ferret Store) were
both fine.  Our ferrets are still relatively young (all under age four)
we are still feeding the regular formula.  Everyone is doing fine and all
poop seems normal.

I'd also like to say that, for us, switching foods would be a last resort.
Our vet was amazed by Pertwee's recovery, and has said repeatedly that so
long as the big guy is doing well we are going to "stay the course" on
everything, especially medicine dosages and *diet*.  That means two
feedings a day of Bob Church's chicken gravy and free feeding kibble in
between, and the kibble is Totally Ferret.  Pertwee has always been a
voracious eater when he's healthy, so, yeah, he has plenty of kibble.

Anyway, I appreciate the heads up, and will definitely make sure each new
bag we open is fresh.

All the best,
Caity and the exuberant eight
(Romana, Ryo-Ohki, Kerr Avon, Lady Ayeka, Nyssa, Tenchi, Adric, and Pertwee)