From:
Chris VonSeggern <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sun, 8 May 1994 19:28:48 -0400
First of all, a question about ice cream and diarrhea--yesterday Scooter
got his first taste of ice cream.  We were at the park, and I had just
opened a pint of Ben & Jerry's.  Before I knew what had happened, he had
licked the lid clean.

About an hour later, he had a VERY runny bowel movement.  When I got up
this morning, there was the equivalent of about a day or two's worth of FRESH
(since I put
him in the cage to go to sleep) stools in one corner.  I would attribute
this to the ice cream making him unable to reach the litterbox (on another
level), except that they were all well-formed.

Anybody know if the ice cream would have just "flushed" his sytem out?

Also--about ferrets and futons: I wouldn't worry about it.  I've slept on
a futon on a frame since before I got Scooter, and he's never done any
damage.  I had to put a litterbox under there, and his favorite place is a
corner between the frame and the wall where I can't reach him easily, but
it's never been a threat to either futon or ferret.

Chris