From:
Toni Dickinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2001 15:06:58 EDT
Hi Everyone, I just wanted to share alittle story about how well Harley
did outside.  Thursday Afternoon I decide to put Harley's Harness and leash
on and take him outside for the first time.  He did soooo well!  I was
surprised!  I didn't take him off my property but I walked him along on our
sidewalk.  He stayed right by my side the whole time.  Seeing big Trucks go
down the street scared him alittle because he's never seen anything like
that before.  After a few times he got use to them.  I decided to take him
over to one of my flower beds, which is all dirt right now, because a few
months ago I read something about putting dirt and sand in a box and
letting your Ferret dig.  I guess because they enjoy it and it's like a
game to them.  So, I put him on the dirt and he just went crazy!  He
started digging and worming through the dirt.  It was the cutest thing!
He was sooo happy!  He looked up at me with his newly black nose, which
is usually pink and newly black paws, which are usually white, and little
round rings of black around his eyes, my heart just melted!  I wish I had
my camera!  DARN!  I guess I'll have to get a sand box and put potting soil
in it for him, since he enjoyed himself so much!

Anyway, I just had to share that with Everyone.  Isn't it funny, everyday
he does something that just melts my heart all over again!

 :o)
Toni D. & Harley