From:
Michele Joudrey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2000 14:21:20 GMT
Hi everyone!
It seems I am having bad luck with my ferrets.  I am the owner of Oscar,
the coughing ferret.  Well he is fine now...coughing has ceased, he just
had a little cold. <sigh of relief>   Well I am also the step Mom of two
adorable ferrets Tinker and Tiny.  They were my Bf's and his ex
girlfriend's ferrets.  She moved from where we live a few years ago and I
am now the step Mom.

Well on with my story.  Tiny is about 6 or 7 years old, and yesterday we
noticed tiny acting suspicious, in the way she slept.  We took her out and
well...she didn't move.  She was alive, but very lazy...nathargic (I know
it is spelt wrong, but you know what I am trying to say) She would walk
one or two steps and lay down.  Her little hind legs were dragging like she
needed to go poo.  Speaking of that it looked as though blood was in her
stool and at one time it was a completely different color than the normal
almost grey.  I know no one wants to hear about such disgusting things, but
I am so worried.

yesterday morning I demanded that we take her ot the doctor.  all morning,
Tiny laid in my pouch of my sweater sleeping sometime and awake the other,
just laying there.  This is very different behavior for Tiny, usually the
last place she wants to be is in our lap.  She is usually too busy chasing
the cats :-)

So off to the vet we went.  The vet kept her overnight and I called this
morning to get an update.  Well they have yet to get a stool sample and she
is perfectly fine and ready to go home anytime.  HUH!!!!!  What is that????
Maybe this is because she has yet to move because she is sleeping while she
is in her cage.  I am so worried about the little fuzzie and I will talk to
the vet when I go to pick her up.  remember us in your prayers, hopefully
she is fine and was just a little constipated or something.

Take Care everyone!  My prayers go out to all of you who have sick fuzzies
and to people and their ferrets that have passed the rainbow bridge.

Sincerely,
Michelle
Miko, Oscar and the step children Tinker and Tiny  :-)