From:
"March, Jim" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 1996 18:22:00 -0700
Well, Mikey was bored out of his sable skull, so I did the Reno run two
weeks ago and picked up little Hairy Crumb, Harry for short.

He's now 10 weeks old, an albino Marshall.  Complete spazcase - I had no
idea anything that small could be that energetic!  Major play-biter,
assaulter of feet, tails, ears, elbows and unmentionable male parts since he
learned to climb up to my bed.  I'm teaching him, gently, and I'm getting
more sleep each night as he calms down a bit.  He treats being cuddled as a
wrestling match...with time, I know he'll calm down.  Mikey is taking it
well, he often ignores repeated tail attacks while he ambles down the
hall...they do play sometimes, but not as much as little Harry wants.  No
real fights at all.

Been busy...they recovered my BIKE very close to where it was stolen,
lightly crashed with about $600 in damage.  I've been severely wrenching on
it, it's faster and better than ever now, especially with the pipe change.
It's the MEGABUELL...too cool.

Anyways...I'm serious about yesterday's post, where I mentioned looking for
evidence of SF and Marin Animal Control people doing "release into the wild"
policies.  If this is true, it'll show that F&G's lies have caused exactly
the same "problem" that they were striving to prevent with the ban in the
first place!  CDFA is looking for evidence of F&G "screwups, blunders and
cruelties" on their website...I can't think of a bigger comedy of errors.
The climate in the SF Bay Area is mild and "European", and there are large
colonies of European burrowing rabbits in the hills; I figure if an illicit
breeder or two's complete captured "inventory" was released, a true wild
colony could possibly form, if the animal control people did all the
releases into the same area and/or provided the ferts with some hunting
training first.  We already know that it's possible to deliberately start up
small feral colonies of ferts, since it's been done twice now.

So if I can find some roadkill, what vet can I take them to for autopsies,
which I assume would be needed to see if they were breeding?