Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 15:31:45 -0800
We (Debra and Richard) are up here in the Pacific Northwest (Yakima,
Washington to be exact) and are the Cleaners of Poop, and Dispensers of
Treats for the Business known as 'The Yakimaniacs'.  We've been on the FML
2 years now....

We actually had our 1st ferret way way wwwaaaayyyyyy back in 1976!  Long
before the FML...or the Internet...or even home computers....the virtual
'dark ages' as far as ferret info was concerned!  Well, ol' Merrit the
Ferret is long gone now (but never forgotten!) We went ferretless until 2
years ago, when we began again with a pair of 14 week old Albino girls (MF)
who came to us Christmas Eve '97.......Riki and Tiki (The Iki Sisters)...
followed in a couple months by 2 boys (a Silver and a Sable (Real Canadian
Ferrets)) Tavi and Chuckles.  We were able to resist until Summer '98, when
madness struck, and we came home with 3 baby girls (MF) our 'Flower Girls'
Pansy, Clover, and Rose.  In August of '98 we were asked to adopt a
solitary 4 year old male ferret who's owner was off to college, thusly
came Jester to live with us.  October '98 brought us 2 more ferrets Joker
a Sable boy, and Lily a Albino girl who had been returned to Petco as
'biters' Of course they are not biters!  We were fine through the Holidays
(having our daughters ferrets with us...) until Feb 99 when a bright eyed
lonely little Sable boy at the petstore came home to be Jasper!  At the
Issaquah get together this late summer, we couldn't leave till we had
another addition, a Champagne Blaze baby girl from Brand Ferrets, who is
now named Jasmine.  This fall, we were happy to receive Dean, a big
(4.25lb) Albino boy, and his brother Martin (Sable) from list member Meghan
who moved to California.  Finally, 3 weeks ago, a sheer fluke found me in a
petstore that does not carry ferrets (thankfully) and into which I nearly
never go....looking into the storeroom doorway to see an essentially bare
cage with 2 ferrets pacing about.  Inquiring with the owner, I was told
that they had been essentially given to the store to try to sell, as they
were no longer wanted, and that they were vicious biters, and unsellable,
and were going to be destroyed!  Well.....I couldn't let that happen, and
asked to be allowed to handle them.  The owner was very hesitant, and
showed me his bites.....undeterred, I opened the cage, and picked up the
1st one, a DEW male named Casper.  Being deaf, he was skittish, but he
never even tried to nip, and we touched noses.  The 2nd one, a Sable boy
named Rex was also fine with me handling him.  They were just bored being
in a bare cage for a long time...and there was no food in there, and they
were hungry!  Of course, they came home within the hour to be a part of
this great big weasely family!

Riki.........."Princess"
Tiki.........."Climbing Weasel"
Tavi........."Sharky"
Chuckles.."Mr. Softy"
Pansy......."Meany Mouse"
Clover......"Ya Ya"
Rose........"Rosebud"
Jester........"Old Man"
Joker........."Treat Hound"
Lily..........."Mama Lily"
Jasper......."Little boy"
Jasmine....."Stinkbug"
Dean........."Deano"
Martin......."Martino"
Casper...too new for a nickname.....yet!
Rex........too new for a nickname.....yet!