From:
Tigger Too <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 13:24:20 -0800
First of all, thanks for all the great advice!  It's much appreciated.
I got to know them both a lot better over the weekend.  They are both
so different, those two girls.  In Pooh terms, Griselda is Tigger, and
Mij is Eeyore.

Griselda bounces around, dooking, chuckling and wanting to play, always.
When she is in the cage, she knows when you are there and she will wake
from a deep sleep (extricating herself from underneath either Majick,
Roy, or both) and go boing-boing-boing to the nearest exit.  She will
then put her little paws on the bars and stare at you intently, with
her eyes full of anticipation.  "Me, me!  Pick me!" If you walk by her,
she'll run over to the next-nearest exit.  It's pretty irresistible, so
she almost always gets picked up.  Then when you want to put her back,
she tries to bounce back out.

Mij (the one who bit me REAL hard that one time), on the other hand, is
fairly reserved.  She isn't exactly "unfriendly", but most of the time
you have to go to her and pick her up.  She prefers to sleep alone in her
little sack, although if someone else joins her, she won't object.  She
seems to enjoy being held and stroked (especially along her cheeks, and
on her lovely white bib), and once she decides to join in, she likes to
play.  She doesn't dook or chuckle, though.  She occasionally hisses.
Yesterday in the hallway, I had one of those kitty-tease toys on a rod,
and was playing with the girls.  Griselda was all over it, and Mij
finally joined in and had fun with it -- however, even though they were
both playing with the same toy, they were not playing "together" at
all.  They seldom sleep together in the cage, although I have seen it.
Luckily, we have three different styles of hammocks on three different
levels, plus a flannel sleep sack and a blankie.  I have only been
holding Mij for short periods of time, so she doesn't feel overwhelmed,
but when I put her back I have to be careful because she will grab my
hand with her teeth (hasn't chomped down yet).  I think it's just her
way of saying, "stay".

Since they were living outside with the dogs, the poor ferret girls had
fleas.  Now everybody has fleas.  Lovely.  At 3 a.m., I was awakened by
a choking ferret.  Poor Mij had such a severe sneezing fit, she started
choking.  My only guess is, a flea went up her nose.  Poor thing.  I need
to get some Advantage (that's the only thing that really works).

Best,
Staci