From:
"Scarlett A. Gray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2001 22:57:49 EDT
Hi,

The found ferret in Holmes county was picked up Saturday by Christy and Tim
of Heart of Ohio Ferret Association & Rescue (HOFA) in Columbus OH.

"She" is settled in HOFA's quarantine area (my garage which is heated and
air conditioned and has no room for a car due to 2 ton of wood fuel pellets
and a pallet full of Totally Ferret. :>))

Thanks to the people that found her.  She was given a bath by them and
looks in pretty good health.  Skinny and still loaded with ticks but she
was doused with flea/tick spay, given lots of ferrettone and settled in
with food, water, some Bob Churches Chicken Gravy and a nice warm hammy.
She does have a cataract in one eye.  She looks to be maybe 6 months old
or so and is a beautiful cinnamon.  She is whole and just starting to come
into season.  She will be given a distemper shot soon and then after her 2
week quarantine, she will be given a hormone shot and taken in to be spayed
and get her rabies shot.  She made no attemp to bite even when pulling off
some pretty big ticks.

Anyone interested in adopting her please e-mail me privately.

Scarlett Gray, President
Heart of Ohio Ferret Assoc. & Rescue