Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 2008 21:53:36 -0400
I realize this is my third post tonight (three of our four ferrets are
sick) but I've been desperate trying to gather info.

Our ferrets were exposed to coccidia and were put on album after one
starting have diarhea. Now three have been fine, but one (even after
a full course of album) continues to have yellow diarhea every three
or four days. We keep hoping it is cleared, then along comes another
tell tale poop. He is on a longer course of albun now (the original
course was 10 days, but some sources our vet checked with say it
takes 21 days) but it is continuing. We our working with a vet, and
I've searched online. So far the only other mention I've heard is ECE
which is usually green, but can start as yellow.

Was wondering if anyone else has had either a hard to combat case of
coccidia or seen periodic yellow diarhea in another case.

We have cleaned the bedding, litterboxes, and throw rugs in their room.
We've had two negative stool samples tested, but it only shows on a
shedding cycle.

Thanks for any help
Risa