Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 1996 19:00:37 -0800
gary wrote:
(snippage)
>Wendy died of ovarian cancer in August 1992 at age 42.  She was an
>extraordinary person who was a folk singer, published songwriter (Livin'
>in the Country was recorded by Tom Rush) and at age 35 finished medical
>school and became a pediatrician in New York City.  Her son, Taylor, now
>lives with her sister in the Seattle area.  Her ferret book is still sold
>in pet stores all over the country and she is sadly missed by those of us
>who knew her and loved her.

hi gary and fellow ferret lovers.

thank you for the info about dr.  winsted.  i was the one who posted the
inquiry about her, but i was pleased to see that so many of us here have
been influenced by her wonderful book.

you mentioned her son taylor....can you tell me any more info about how he
and his sister are getting along?  one of the things i found most endearing
about dr. winsted's book was the pictures of those two sweet little kids.

thank you,

linda
and ferrets
and felines