Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 1995 19:10:09 -0500
Barbara,

You and I are in the same boat.  Elvis seems to have the same problem as
Skittles.  Elvis is about two years old and lives with Daisy, a two year old
female.  She is fine.  Elvis seems dehyrdrated but does drink a little (he
has had problems with dehydration in the past).  His stools aren't
particularly unusual.  However, he has lost about 1/3 of his body weight over
the last two weeks.  He isn't lethargic but his energy level is definitely
diminished. He is literally skin and bones right now.  I have an appointment
with the vet tomorrow so I'm not sure what the deal is yet.  I think I'll
follow your plan and separate him from Daisy until I can get a fix on what is
going on.  In the mean time, I'm going to try to hydrate him and get him to
eat a little.  I'm eager to find out if anyone can help identify what is
wrong with Elvis and Skittles.  Thanks for any insight you might have.
Thanks,
Dan and Elvis.