From:
Larry and Tequita Williamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 08:38:44 -0500
IMHO, I agree that Dr. Weiss, BIG, and Bob C. have made great and
wonderful contributions to the ferret community.  I would also like to
nominate Troy Lynn.  I don't think I need to list her contributions!

Also, IMHO, instead of a plaque being given to the winner(s), a
contribution could be made in his/her/their name to a research facility
that does research for the betterment of ferrets everywhere.

The FML subscribers could each send in whatever amount of money they/we
feel comfortable with.  It could be a $1.00, 5.00, $10.00, $100.00, or
$1000.00!  Or any amount in between.  There are a lot of folks on this
list!  That could mean a lot of money for research!

Another way to cast a vote would be to agree on a research organization
and each voting FML'er could send a dollar per candidate to the individual
chosen to keep up with it all.  This person would naturally need to be
trust worthy.  :o) When the voting is finished, the moneys collected could
also be given to the facility or to a charity/shelter of the winners
choice.

Does this make sense?  I'm having trouble expressing myself today.  What do
you think?  Would it work?

Tequita Williamson