From:
linda soule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Apr 2009 00:44:34 -0700
Hi All and Happy Easter, Just wanted to bring you up to date on the
NV18 and Spike.

Bobby had the boulder taken off a week ago and I saw him after his
surgery and he was a different ferret. He carried his tail up and I
talked to Clint today and he say Bobby wasn't happy about having the
stitches out, but he is playing and so full of energy now. We all want
to thank everyone for their prayers, best wishes and donation for the
NV18. We now have 3 adrenal surgeries to go through and that will be
the roughest part for the kind people that took all of them. Donations
would be greatly appreciated to help gets these beautiful ferrets
another new start on life.

Blizzard, he is the one that I took, he was having severe seizures,
would bite his mouth and bleed all over. We put him on valium but the
seizures didn't lessen. My vet and I talked and we thought he might
be epileptic so he is now on Phenobarbital. We have had to double the
dose but for the past 3 days he hasn't had one seizure. Maybe, we have
the correct dosage now. I felt so bad for him when he was having these
seizures, that I would just stand there and hold him and tell him that
he will be ok as soon as it was over. He is now eating soup 4-6 times
a day, no crunchies, but that is ok. He then walks over to the plate
on the floor and stands and looks at me wanting his ferretone, which
he gets. Hopefully, Blizzard will live a much longer and peaceful life
here now that the seizures are somewhat lessened.

Now, for Spike. He was the little one that I adopted to a wonderful
lady that has MD and has a black canine tooth and an infection. First,
thank you for the folks that have donated to help get Spike's tooth
removed. He is also going to need his teeth cleaned. He will be going
in for the extraction this coming Tuesday. If anyone would like to
donate to help Vonna take care of Spike, you can either send a payment
to my paypal acct, [log in to unmask] or you can contact the vet
hospital, Carson Valley Vet Hospital, directly at 775-782-3693. Tell
them this is a donation for Spike and he is under my name, Linda Soule.

We all wish you a very Happy Easter.

Have a great day.

Linda