From:
Matthew Ardill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 May 1999 17:12:06 -0400
>From:    Anonymous Poster
>Subject: Recent Modern Ferret Issue with Playboy Playmate
>
>I am posting to just see what other people thought of the recent Modern
>Ferret issue with Tiffany Taylor.  I personally think that including a
>former Playboy Playmate, and glorifying the issue surrounding that, was
>done in very poor taste.

i hated it and i've stopped buying Modern Ferret because of it.  i also
wrote Mary and Eric an email about it, but they didn't even bother to send
a form letter reply, so i've assumed that they must obviously be very in
favour of porn.

however it's their magazine, i have no business telling them what to think
anymore than they can tell me what to think.

i think if it offends you, write them a note and cancel your subscription.
that's the only really effective protest available to a consumer anyway.
heck, it may not even have occured to them that people would be offended
so let them know how you feel.

let's not get into a big discussion of what we think of it here; this is a
forum for talking about ferrets, not for arguing about society's ills, and
we're all entitled to live our lives the way we believe is right.  lots of
people think that pornography is a wonderful, healthy thing.  i don't
agree, but i'm not going to tell them what to think.

if anyone wants to argue or agree with me on this (including the anonymous
poster i'm replying to-i would have replied just to you if i could!), send
me a personal email to: [log in to unmask], and let's all keep it off the
ferret list.  :)

siani  (not Matthew)