From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 11:12:54 -0400
A message was left on the Ferret Wise- Cruelty line at (:20 AM From Mike
M Petco regional rep.

His words, ( my thoughts in parenthesis)

"Ms Drakiotes, I tried to reach you later last night ( by then I was
emailing to God!) in referenece to the Petco kits.  I was able to turn
the driver around ( as if there was ever a driver) and the kits are
currently at the Keene, NH store.  The kits have been seen by a vet ( I
knew that) and are currently being rehabbed at the Keene Petco.  They
are on albon for 10 days and at the end of the ten days they will be
available for sale.  Petco is unable to adopt unhealthy kits" ( some
progress?)

You are welcome to visit them and we encourage you to stop in and
check them form time to time.  I certainly would appreciate any USDA
information regarding euthanasia of returned unhealthy animals.  You
can email me at.......... "

So we have a reprieve of sorts.  Maybe we can educate them -- I know a
few others had some input into the Petco corporate end.  Thanks for the
letters- I am not a Petco fan - but I am thankful that corporate mgrs
decision was somehow circumvented.  I am tired adn appreciate the support
we got this time- WE NEED TO SEE A CHANGE in PETCO policies!

ALicia
at Ferret Wise