Date:
Mon, 17 May 2010 02:11:40 EDT
>From:   Ulrike Stanley <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Willie the sick ferret- I just gave a donation....- Update
>
>I am aware I urgently need to give an update of what happened  with
>Willie and his owner Ivan. I'm afraid that nothing happened.

I know you are trying to do what is best and are very frustrated,
and that you are pulled in a dozen different directions right now,
so forgive me if I step on anyone's toes, but...

I was wondering if it is such a good idea to give the money back
(unless of course the individual donors would prefer it that way). As
someone who has donated, I would almost prefer that the money stay at
the vet's office in Willie's name - surely that one visit isn't going
to be all he will be getting. Or is it? Gah, I'm confused too! :) When
he needs more diazoxide, is the vet going to require a visit?

OR...perhaps the money could somehow be redirected to the pharmacy. At
$90 a month for the diazoxide, I'm already worried about what he's
going to do NEXT month. Like you, I'm just worried sick about Willie.
Do you think Ivan will know (or heck, *admit*) when Willie might be
suffering too much to go on and it might be time to help him cross
over? I don't know feel I know him well enough to ask about that yet
and thought you might have more insight into how he feels regarding
that difficult topic and decision. I just cannot get Willie's sad
little face, showing what I guess must be pain and nausea, as he
salivates and struggles to swallow and get comfortable. Like you, I
just don't know what do say or do next, but was wondering if you knew
something I didn't know about whether Ivan will ever take Willie to
the vet again or get him more medication, which he will need again in
about three weeks, and if so, maybe giving the donated money back is
premature? You can write me privately of course, but I'm posting this
here so that those who have donated can see the back-and-forth that is
going on with regard to Willie and the refunding of the donations.

Sydney