Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 12:25:54 -0500
are there breeders out there breeding ferrets for size? was at my vet
this morning, and she mentioned a ferret supposedly 4 months that was
1.5kg from a petstore, and the owner said their other ferret was even
bigger. my vet was concerned 'cause breeding for size eventually causes
bone problems (apparently just starting to show up in maine coone cats
that are judged and selected increasingly for size).

just wondering if any breeders out there, as well as judges out there,
are aware of this and have more details. I have never been to any
ferret shows, but would hate to see points for judging prioritized
over health as a breeding consideration

Selina, Clef, Popcorn, Sorin, Mochi, Jolt & Cola