From:
Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 11:44:37 EDT
>Come on you lot, someone has got to have some info about Lupron and
>ferrets.  I can`t go to my vet empty handed, especially after i told her
>what wonderful helpful people you FML`ers are ;o)

I believe your original post ask for responses by vets, which I'm not.
Anyway, Dr. Weiss down in MD has just finished, and I believe submitted a
paper on, his research into three different medications which may relieve
the symptoms of an adrenal tumor.  From what I understand, Lupron worked
the best if given in the proper amounts and intervals.  I believe it's a
medication developed for use in humans to bind to the estrogen receptors on
certain cells.  It's used in the treatment of endometriosis among other
things.  It does reduce symptoms.  It doesn't cure.  It's expensive and
difficult to store.

There are many web sites with information on Lupron.  You might want to do
a search and print out the information that you think your vet might be
interested in.

Dick B.

[Moderator's note: I'd also suggest a search of the FML archives.  There
have some pretty detailed posts about Lupron.  BIG]