From:
anneinchicago <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Sep 2007 01:38:25 -0500
A big thank you to the original poster with boring ferrets.

I'm sure everyone with boring ferrets thought they were alone. Perhaps
a support group is needed.

Mine are, in general, free-roaming. I want to play with them. The
daschunds desperately want to play with them. The ferrets have drainage
tubing snaking through the house. They have a box full of shredded
paper to nest/play in. They have a myriad of squeaky, rubbery, soft
and squishy dog toys to stealthily steal and stash in places the poor
dogs will never find. They have cages that are open and full of lovely
things to sleep in like fleecies and hammocks.

So what do they do? Tiptoe quietly through the house so as not to draw
attention to themselves. Sleep. Trot briskly by as if on an errand of
utmost urgency. Sleep. Eat, *then* go back to sleep. Yawn. Trot by
going the *other* way.

I flap a pillowcase at one. It plays dutifully. I can almost hear it
giving a great sigh as if to say- Oh, fine. If I *must*. Five minutes-
here it stops to check its watch- and then I really *have* to go.

It's embarrassing. I do have one that steals my shoes, but only in the
dead of night so as not to draw attention to itself. Because, if it did
catch my notice, I might want to pet it or play with it or otherwise
interfere in whatever other plans it has.

I have no idea what they do all the time. Play poker in the closet?
Work for FLO as secret agent ferrets? Teleport to another galaxy where
ferrets are the ruling masters? I have no idea.

anne