Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 12:14:04 -0700
I am glad that you find my dedication to these animals admirable.  I do
leave my house all the time and I am NOT a naive person.  This story is
true and I am sure you will hear from the one involved and she can clarify
this.  There is no other way to appease you or prove it to you, just
suffice it to know how many stupid people live in this country.

I do not feel that your apology was much of an apology and I do appreciate
your sense of humor, sarcasm is another thing.  Sarcastic people tend to be
negative and pessimistic, I hope that I am wrong in *thinking* this of you.
I am not judgmental, just opinionated and I accept people for the way they
are.  If you meant to be sincere in your attempt at an apology, I accept
it, but if the *tone* of the message (sarcasm) was intended otherwise, you
need to take a deep look within yourself.

Yes, I have a social life.  Yes, I devote lots of my time to helping these
animals (and all animals).  No, I am not a fanatic.  Yes, these animals
have brought joy into my life and have given me hope through terrible
personal troubles.  Yes, I owe them this much.  No, I do not like to
associate with anyone who feels ferrets (or any animal) are inferior
creatures.  No, I am not God and therefore cannot judge each creature as
being inferior to the next and do not appreciate those who do.  No, I
cannot stand anyone who adopts a ferret and then complains about vet bills,
smell or litter box misses.

This should tell you a little more about who I am.  Love me, love my
ferrets.  Simple enough.  Hopefully, you are compassionate with animals
also.  I have found that sometimes people do not mean what their messages
on email come across as, I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

Take care~