From:
"Miller, Debby" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 15:07:01 -0500
We have a 4-month-old neutered male called Harry, very lively but gentle,
plays well with our 2 children (aged 6 and 9).  About 3 weeks ago we
brought home a 6-week-old kit thinking Harry might like a ferret friend.
Since that time, Harry constantly chases and wrestles the baby,dragging him
around the room by his neck until we separate them.  The little guy is very
interested in playing with Harry, but usually ends up crying after a few
seconds.  My question is: should I continue to separate them until the kit
is bigger and stronger?  How close should they be in size, weight etc.
before it's safe to leave them together a bit longer?  As far as we can
tell, Harry has never actually hurt the little guy (no blood or obvious
injuries).

Thanks.

Debby