From:
Sandy E Schieman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 1996 12:07:43 EDT
Hi folks!

We has been gettin' some mails that has asked us the meaning of some words.
We has also noticed some letters on this here FML in which folks asks what
some stuff means.  As a public service, we wants to post a few defynitions.

Rainbow Bridge - From Norse mythology.  It's the bridge that stretches
between earth and Asgaard on the way to Heaven.  All critters go there when
they quits breathin' and bouncin' so's they can wait on their friends to
join them on that 'Great Gettin' up Morning'.  Rumored to be one heck of a
party place.

Old Fert - What our Paw Paw is.  Also applies to other 'chronologically
challenged' folks.

Mee Maw - A very nice and special human-type lady that we loves a whole
bunch.

Fert - What we is.  Our Paw Paw has been accused of coining the term, but we
ain't sure about that.

War Dance - What we does when we is feelin' wild and crazy.

Poop - What we does in corners when the need arises.  Sometimes referred to
as 'Doodo' or 'Stuff'.  Hmmm.  Kinda-sorta puts a whole new light on that
Pepsi commercial - the one that says, "Buy Pepsi, get stuff."

Hmmm - Don't bother us.  We is scratchin' our haidbones.

Big Adventure - A day in the life of a ferret.

Ruh Roh - Variation of Uh Oh.  Paw Paw done stole this from Astro on the
Jetsons fair and square.

Pooter - That thing we types letters on.

Dyslexia - That thing that Paw Paw has that causes him to type words funny
sometimes; like,  "Dyslexics Untie!"

Party - A day in the life of a ferret.

SO - Significant Otter. (Our thanks to Kit for this one) Also used to denote
someone who is special to us.

Great Spirit - the God of our understanding.

Science Fiction - Stuff that Paw Paw writes when he's hoggin' the pooter.

BBQ - Stuff that Paw Paw cooks that's better than raisins.  The sauce also
comes in handy when a cat-critter needs to be baptized.

NONOBADFERRET - Term used by the FLO to say, "Job well done."

Mo Bob - Mythical god in the ferret pantheon.  Known to be a stealer of
socks and bringer of joy.  Also known to collect bones.  Frequently speaks
wisdom in the form of puns.

Ol' Flop Foot - Useless appendage that hangs from the end of Paw Paw's left
laigbone.

Walking Stick - Handy dandy device used to whomp up on bad critters -
usually cats.

Flame - What Paw Paw uses to cook BBQ.  Also a letter to be ignored and
trashed.

BIG - Our moderator - Bill Gruber.  A really nice young feller who puts up
with nonsense like this.  We still ain't fingered out what the 'I' stands
for.

Listserv - BIG's cranky cyberfert.  He likes to fuss when letters get too
long like this one is.  See NONOBADCYBERFERRET.

Joy to the World - A day in the life of a ferret.  Also what Paw Paw feels
most of the time.  He just don't know no better.

Well, that's all we gots for now.  Anybody who wants to add to these
defynitions can just jump right in.  "Hang on, Newt, we's headed for the
Dictionary!!"

Many much loves and dooks,

Tater and Odie

[Moderator's note: Well, at least he said I'm young.  BIG]